Speed, reliability and convenience are more than ever the decisive factors for the attractiveness of modern trains – and thus also for their economic and safe operation. By these criteria, the optimum line usage in short-distance and long-distance traffic becomes the central issue.
In order to provide trouble-free rail services across the country national train protection and train control systems need to operate efficiently and safely Multiple systems have to operate in an integrated operation. Examples of these systems include:
- Mobil Radio System
- Traffic Management Systems
- Electronic interlockings detect and control the logical and vital equipment in accordance with the dependencies between signals, points and vehicles.
- Train Control Systems support the driver with a large number of automatic functions, monitor vehicle movements continuously, and in accordance with fail-safe signaling principles.
- Microcomputer-controlled point-blocking circuits are an important contribution to operational safety and to efficient traffic management
- Safety is the prime necessity in Level crossing protection systems
- Track vacancy detection systems provide reliable information on clear and occupied states of track sections
- The essential requirements for technically up-to-date cargo operation and efficient humping within a train formation yard are high-quality processes and methods for controlling the individual system components
- Advanced, powerful communications technology is the key to smooth operations in passenger transport and freight traffic. It guarantees that, for the operator and the passenger, the right information is at the right place at the right time.
With increasing social and economic pressures, the legislation in various countries are becoming more stringent. These issues are addresses to a great extent by insuring that the safety instrumented systems are specified, designed, installed, operated and maintained as per appropriate and well recognized safety standards.